Friday, April 12, 2013

Finding Out About Other People's Infertility




E avoids telling people about our journey at all costs.  I, on the other hand, find it somewhat therapeutic to talk about.  I think it is a male/female thing.

E finally told his buddy at the gym what we are going through.  The guy's response, "We had to do IVF to have our daughter."  To think, he could have told this guy that months ago and had someone who understood what it was like to go through IVF.  I think the fact that he now knows someone else had to go through a similar experience has made him feel a little bit better.

Additionally, today, I found out two of my dad's siblings had to do IVF as well.  One did it in the early 1980s, when it was a very new procedure.  The other did it in the mid-90s.  It is a good feeling to know that we are not alone in this and that other people have been through the same thing and survived (not that I would wish this on anyone).


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment