Thursday, April 4, 2013

Moments Infertile People Dread

There are moments that all infertile people dread.  They include things such as over-sharing of baby pictures on Facebook, invites to baby showers, invites to first birthday parties - I could go on, but you get the idea.

Yesterday, I come "face-to-face" with one of these moments.  One of my friends calls me up out of the blue.  The first thing I think is - please do not say you are pregnant....  Of course, she is.  She and her husband are expecting.  When I hear the news, I do what everyone does, I congratulate her and her hubby and then make idle chit chat - hoping she will take the hint and hang up the phone.  Eventually, she does.  I know it was probably a difficult phone call for her to make as well, knowing our situation.  I feel like everyone walks on eggshells around us when they discuss their pregnancies.

I am happy for her - I truly am.  It is difficult to express these feelings when you have been dealing with infertility for almost 36 months.  I saw this on another blog last week and it 100% captures my emotions:

1. Lonely. We saw couple after couple get pregnant before us, our best friends included. When they told us, we high-fived them, then we went home, and hardly knew what to say to each other. We felt lost, sad, and even lonelier than before. We were excited for them; we were just very sad for us.
It’s okay to go home and cry your eyes out when your friends get pregnant.
Think Positive!
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment